Almighty Then!

Good news for people who like bad news!

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Childhood memories
So I went home for Labor day weekend. Wyoming,JC's home town. My parents live in a 25 miles away from town back in the woods.
I love it up there. The weather was great. Not too hot during the day,cool in the mornings and evenings. Partly clouded, fresh air,you get the picture.
The whole family was there, those of you who don't know, I have a huge family! My parents are turning 68 within the year. There are 10 of us kids. I'm # 8.
Each of us is married with kids of our own. So a big turn out. Half of us in tents the other half in campers. We ate very well. Usually someboday makes something funky and I never eat. This time every meal was great! If theres a game we'd watch.
At night we'd light the fire pit and roast smores and talk of good ol'times and new stories. We did something this year we haven't done before. We wrote down a memory and had to guess who wrote it. It was fun, took awhile cuz the grand kids got in on the action too, theres like 25-28 of them,soon to be 30.
My memory was when I was 9-10 years old,we lived in Green River at the time.
Mrs. Andrews came over to visit with my mom. She brought her 2 daughters Keri & Joanna. My brother Chad hated Joanna with a passion (she liked him). We had some old broken down snowmobiles sitting in the driveway that we played on. So we were out there playing on them and my brother Chad dared me to "moon" them. So of course I did!
Well, my sister Shiree was looking out the window and saw the whole thing. Oh yeah I got busted. After that I can't remember the talking to I got. Something about respecting girls or something. But, the thing that sticks out the most was that Chad felt bad for me. He dared me and I got in trouble. I didn't rat him out. He brought me popcorn in our room as I sat in "time out" or something.
I think later we ditched out the window, like usuall when we got in trouble.
I wasn't very old when we ALL lived together,so theres only memories of us getting together on special occasions. I didn't live with my 4 older siblings very long, but it was nice to still have some memories of them when they were younger. They have memories of me, and things I did to them, or those they dated. But I can't recall. It's always nice to hear them though, cuz damn I was halairous as a kid!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Bruce,
    I remember you being prone to the conversation of mooning. This Blogg thing you got going on is great. It makes me glad I knew you once. Well here's sort of a delusional blog of my own... I'm dealing with a lot of deep, sort of painful stuff and it feels good to share. Oh, a weird thing is I had a dream I could golf, and I don't even care about golf. I wish you and your family the best, thanks for sharing. Quinn This is an e-mail I sent my dad today.Hi Dad,
    You sound good. Thanks for the e-mail. Yesterday (in bed) I had a feeling that grandma's spirit was here with me, so I started talking to her in my head. Like praying, it made me feel better. I wouldn't do that before. She basically told me I had to let go of her so she could go to a better place (onto heaven), like I was holding her back here because she was worried about me. She also told me to grow up, but to start singing again, and to be nice to my husband and to treat everyone how I want to be treated. She told me to keep in touch with the family, and to act nicer. It was good advice, I don't know if I conjured it up myself, but even if she didn't tell it to me it's a good idea. I asked her to prove it was her, asked her if she saw any of her family in heaven; she saw Danny, and Billy, and her mom. She was still looking for others. Couldn't prove it was her. I think she'd like to see Doober. I tried to talk to Danielle, but that was harder, but she said to tell Catrina she loves her, because I guess she forgot to. I don't know Catrina, so It's sort of a spooky thought.
    New subject; Every man goes through sort of a midlife crisis, where they buy a hot rod. Guess we're all a little crazy. I like your car, make sure you take a couple photos of it before you sale it. Grandpa's truck is pretty nice too.
    I had my Yoga class today. My teacher is great, he looks like you with a big round head and piercing blue eyes, he is also Hungarian. He is a Buddhist monk. Sunday he's having a vegetarian pot luck at the monastery, I'm excited to go, got to get food and directions. At yoga class my sen say introduced me to a woman who manages the Health Dept. at Palomar, her name is Jayne. They want me to apply for work with her. My teacher was more excited than me. He gave me some good points 1*Don't get involved with the female drama.*2*Plead ignorant. *3 Don't pick sides.***$*4 Do what ever Jayne says because she will help me out, and will be able to give me a good recommendation.***
    That's the news... It's hot here. We're cutting back on air conditioning bills... Maybe I'll study by the pool. It's almost 5:00, so I'll apply for the health job Monday. Yesterday I made a big mess with my plants on the patio, it took me three hours to clean up. Hopefully my Jasmine grows better now. I found these weird balls around the roots, they looked like bug eggs or seeds. I hope they were seeds and not bug eggs. Ants love the Jasmine. I may get certified in Yoga as an instructor. It normally costs $2000 but, my teacher is going to certify us for free. Of course I have to do extra work, but I think it will help me become more healthy, and mellow out. I want to buy a sewing machine so I can make Christmas socks for Christmas presents. Sometimes they have one at the thrift store for $30, so I'm going to take some cash out of the bank and keep checking for a good one. I also want to send people some music. We're going to see Joe's family for Christmas. He's excited, I don't get excited about much these days. Like to keep my heart rate down. I'm avoiding studying calculations, pharmacy chapters, and typing, and logic, well, that's on the back burner. Got to manage my time better now that I'm taking on more responsibility, a job, and a daily yoga goal. Go to bed early, and wake up early, it's the only way. "Baby steps"."There is more happiness in doing one's own path without excellence than in doing another's path well."-The Bhagavad Gita
    Last week I went to a Bible study. It was interesting, but tiring, and time consuming. I think I like books on tape better. Or reading on my own.It's a lot funner to do stuff on my own. However , my yoga class is funner than doing yoga on my own."The only absolute is that there are no absolutes." I love you. I hope you don't mind my talking about an illogical conversation with the dead, perhaps it is to help with grief. My logic class makes me mad because it makes me doubt my faith. The truth is important, and when I am faced with my faith as a facade, or an alternative, or a Santa Clause instead of the truth, I question myself. However, Hope seems to be more important than truth. Suffering is a human truth, but hope is the only solution for one who suffers. Faith gives hope.Perhaps lack of truth is the only way to find truth.Its a jump before you look sort of thing. If you look you won't jump, if you jump you usually make it across. The jump is faith. Looking, well that's Logic. The reason it is so hard for an adult to learn a language, an instrument, or music, is because they over-analyze-everything rather than learning by doing, or being in the moment, they make too many associations, and road blocks, they ask too many questions.Faith is the only way to learn too. I love you bye, Quinn--P.S.My faith waxes and wanes, like the moon. My painting got regected by the art gallery because it was too old (1997), better than other reasons I imagined.Grandma said "A man at war, getting ready to die, is quick to pray to God." Perhaps life for me is a little like war, desparate. Hey Bruce Remember Jumping off the cliffs at the George, that's a good memory. Jaw locking cold. Me and my friends used to jump at Mustang ridge until somebody died there. Good times.-see ya,Keep your marriage together.I've been wed for 1 year.No kids, got to wait 3 years because of my school program.It's hard to wait till I'm 29 or 30 to have kids. Quinn
    Stuart > Dear Quinn, thanx for the pictures of you, Joe &
    > your friends. Not much new:
    > I went over to visit Rob a few days ago. I had
    > recorded about 60 hours of
    > the 2004 Summer Olympics onto VHS tape & Rob wanted
    > just the parts with the
    > wrestling, so I edited out the commercials and
    > everything but wrestling onto
    > DVD discs for him. I've been shopping for a nice
    > used car so I can sell the
    > Porsche. It's just too expensive to repair & keep in
    > good working condition.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home